Build, train and establish a team of engineers that have skills in all three Tiers of services and deployment similar to the Professional Support & Services team in the Czech Republic. Sit as part of a Professional Support & Services team that has responsibility for delivering voice technology and appliances to ZOOM customers globally. Act as a technical expert and provide support and services on a global basis.
Responsible for the design, deployment, configuration, support, trouble shooting, debugging and administering the proprietary ZOOM QM products, and solutions for small, medium, large and/or enterprise businesses. Ensure that all on site and remote user installations and issues are undertaken in both a professional and timely manner, as per Project Managers planning.
Ensure proper support and maintenance of existing customers. Use core skills needed to perform this position, which include the following: in depth expert knowledge of all versions of ZOOM Quality Management Suite and all internal architecture as well as precise focus on Troubleshooting user issues, and attention to detail, leadership, professionalism and pragmatism to ensure all projects are implemented in a smooth, professional and organized manner.
Duties will also include: the evaluation, and/or execution of the installation of local and/or remote ZOOM solutions such as voice and/or screen recording, and quality management; the provision of team leadership to less experienced engineers (Tier I and Tier II) and third level technical support to customers, partners, and other Support and Service engineers; the application of analytical skills and technical knowledge to solve product and network problems of moderate to high complexity; the effective utilization of moderate to complex lab setups to recreate and solve problems; the submission of complete and correct bug reports in area of expertise; the determination of root causes and resolutions for previously unknown problems; the interaction across Support & Services teams and development teams at the peer level.
Desired skills & experience
- Master’s degree in computer science or engineering or related field or foreign equivalent plus one year of experience in network and operating systems administration
- Proficiency troubleshooting and diagnostic tools such as Wireshark, SAR
- Work with databases (SQL) to interpret schemas, and/or author queries and stored procedures
- Knowledge of Contact Center operations and technology software and tools; and apply knowledge of Telecom systems (CTI, PBX, VOIP) including switches and protocols and contact center operations
- Specialized knowledge of the following to perform duties: Programming/Scripting knowledge in Bash, Java, Perl, Python
- Working knowledge of networking protocols, terms and concepts. Specifically HTTP/HTTPS, SSL, NFS, SMB, DNS, VPN, TCP/IP, SMTP, firewalls, proxies, client/server communication and authentication
- Ability to deploy and maintain PostgreSQL/Oracle databases and write free-form SQL queries to mine data
- Fluent English